Jay is still in the Dominican Republic, scheduled to be home late Sunday evening. From emails I've gotten from him, all is well with his Yestermorrow crew. They are on the Semana Peninsula, which is on the north east border of the DR, while the earthquake hit Port-au-Prince Haiti, on the south part of the island. According to Jay, they didn't feel any of the actual earthquake where he is located. I am uncertain as to how any of the aftermath may have affected them, though I don't think it has. I have not spoken to him on the phone since the earthquake, but continue to receive emails telling me all is well.
What a sad and devastating event this earthquake is for the people and the country of Haiti. Please consider donating to the Red Cross in an effort to help victims of the earthquake.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment