Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall is here





We went to Longfellow's Fall Festival yesterday afternoon. I loved the colors, and the boys loved the balloons. We had some cold weather last week, but it's warm and muggy now, so we're not finished swimming! I remember a few years ago swimming on my birthday (I think I may have posted a picture). That seems late in the season, but it's always a possibility (especially if Jay has his way).
We've had quite a bit of change happen lately, with Jay starting his graduate studies at UNE and me "retiring" from my job at MMCC to stay home with the boys. We're gearing up for some major changes, but we're also excited about it all.
On my first day of being a full-time stay at home mom, Ben came down with a 102 fever. He's feeling better today, but just has low energy. He was up a couple of times during the night, so I was so tired when Spencer got up at 6am that, when I got him out of his crib and went to sit down in the rocking chair in his dark room, I missed the chair all together and we both went down. Hard. He cried at first (I believe he was scared), but then he started giggling-- guess he thought it was funny. Me, not so much. But nobody was hurt so I have to be thankful for that.
The boys are growing like weeds- it's hard to believe Ben is 5 and Spencer is over 1.5 years old! Ben is attending Wonder Awhile Nursery School a few afternoons/week, which he really enjoys-- he's already been on a school bus for two field trips! And Spencer is very independent. He's started using quite a few signs (eat, thirsty,more, boat, plane, train, thank you, nurse, bird, please...) and it's been helpful. His major form of communication continues to be screeching at the top of his lungs, but I'm learning to ignore that and encouraging him to use his signs instead. Sometimes this is successful, sometimes not.
Both boys are very funny and curious though, and we spend a lot of time exploring outside. I've been anticipating the change in colors, and look forward to walks in the woods to collect red leaves.

No comments: