
so I don't know why I can't get these photos in the correct order. But this is THE steel beam in our basement (some of you have seen my posts on facebook about this endeavor). The bottom photo is of he original, rusty thing... And, as you can see, the ceiling is unfinished. We're having insulation and drywall go up and when Jay and the drywaller started talking about "boxing the beam in" I shuddered--- I knew it could look GOOD. And, I don't know, I just like the beam. So Jay hooked me up with supplies and I scraped all the big chunks of flaky rust off, sanded the beam down, put on a coat of primer and one coat (so far) of the black paint. I think it's going to be fabulous and I'm pretty proud of my hard work (both sore AND proud). I'll wait to put the next (and hopefully final!) coat of paint on after the insulators come on Friday. Next week at this time, the basement will look so different!

No comments:
Post a Comment