We took Benners to his 9 month check-up yesterday, and all is well. We over-estimated his weight (by a few ounces), as he weighed in at 'only' 27 lbs, 12 oz. Maybe he's starting to plateau on his weight? He's still off the charts, but a very healthy little boy. He had just two vaccinations this time, and we had to go to the lab for a blood draw, but he was such a trooper~ he only cried for a few seconds with the shots, and not at all with the blood draw. Our tough little guy. His pediatrician thinks he's likely to tear our house apart because he's both so determined and so strong! We laughed about it at the time, but I have a feeling it won't always be quite so funny...
His second tooth is starting to poke through and he's back to rubbing everything on his gums... He's also pulling himself up to standing on anything and everything, and is starting to learn how to sit himself back down again (it isn't always very pretty, but he does it). Along with all this new mobility are the bumps and bruises that are inevitable. Good thing he's such a trooper!
Benners continues to say "Mumma" and is also saying "Dada" and does a lot of babbling (especially in the car). He wants to get into absolutely everything and is very determined to do so (I think he gets this from his Mum~ just ask his Nana and Grampie Dwyer about a certain Christmas tree that I wanted in the house NOW when I was very young...) Hopefully this determination will translate into success in the future!
In the meantime, Jay is still working pretty crazy hours at CMMC, Maine General and the Winthrop Ambulance. May is the last month that Jay has such freedom with his work schedule, since once I start up my fieldwork he will be more limited in what he can do 'outside' of the home. I just have a couple more weeks left at home with Benjam before heading to fieldwork. Things will be a bit crazy this summer, with Jay and I passing each other at the door, but by the end of the year I'll (hopefully) be done with school and we'll move onto the next phase... whatever that will be!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment