Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sleep ideas?

Hi all... I'm sending out feelers to see if people can give us some ideas on how to get Benjam to sleep past 4:30-5am... He goes to bed around 7 or 7:30 (we've tried later with no difference in when he wakes up), and usually sleeps through until 4:30 or 5am, at which time he's raring to go! I've tried nursing him/rocking him back to sleep, bringing him into bed with me, doing nothing, offering him toys in his crib... Wondering if there's something I'm missing & if y'all have any suggestions or stories to share about a similar situation? We're SO pleased that he's sleeping 8-10 hours at a stretch (the getting up 1-2 times/night was getting hard), but are wondering how (IF???) we can encourage him to sleep later in the morning. Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you don't want to post here on the blog, just email me.
Thanks!
Katie & Jay (very proud, and tired, parents of ONE-YEAR-OLD Jam)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jewetts! I'll ask around for advice on getting Ben to sleep-in later. My first reaction is that all kids are different. One of my cousins got up in the night until he was at least in kindergarten. Liz's baby sleeps through the night at 2.5 months but wants to nurse all evening which is hard with 3 other kids.
Love you all!
Kiki

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie-
Well, I really dont know what to tell ya...JP didnt sleep through the night until he was 18mos, which was not fun :-) When he did wake up early and was ready to play I would put him in his pack-n-play with toys put the Wiggle's on TV and let him play for a bit while I took a cat nap on the couch. He never tried to climb out (which might not be the case for Bee-Sting). Well I wish I knew more :-) Good Luck
Heidi