Tuesday, September 04, 2012

first day of kindergarten


Here's our big guy on his very first day of school.  He's been so excited and really looking forward to it- and he had a great day!  I took him into school this morning and when he got out of the car he said: "The first day of school is kinda scary," but kept the smile on his face.  He reached for my hand and led me all the way to his classroom where he turned around and waved, "bye, Mummy- see you in six and a half hours."  Wha?  No tears and hugs?  OK, we'd talked about ME not crying- he'd asked me not to, so I obliged.  But he turned into his classroom and was gone.  Such a big boy.  
Jay and I were both able to pick him up at the end of the day and though he looked tired, he was still smiling.  And the first thing he told me was that he ate ALL the food I sent (he'd been worried that he'd not have enough time to eat-- he's a slow eater).

And right now Spencer is following Ben and Daddy up the stairs for a bath, saying:  "Me bozo, Ben bozo, Mumma bozo, Daddy bozo..."  (because I'd told him it was bath time for bozos...)

A good day indeed.

No comments: