 |
| headed out for a walk/nap |
 |
| tasting an icicle or two... |
 |
| king of the mountain! |
 |
| and bundled up for a nap |
Now that the holidays are over, and the excitement of the hospital is behind us, we've been trying to get back into some form of normalcy. But, oh wait-- there are nasty colds to be had, and stomach bugs to be sick with, and that throws a wrench into the whole nap thing. But here's the thing-- I love naps. Not my own as I don't take them anymore, but I love Spencer's naps. He. Must. Take. One. I insist. And when he's not super into it I get a little bit desperate. There is a fairly short window of opportunity for Spence to get a decent nap in before we have to leave to get big brother from school (and he's a real crank-puss when I have to wake him up from the nap that I wrestled him into first!). But don't get me wrong, he NEEDS these naps-- he's always tired and sleeps pretty well and is in a much better mood for having had them. So, when he refuses to take the nap, I bundle him up, strap him in the BOB stroller (thanks, Helki!!!!) and go for a long walk-- sometimes 4 miles. He gets in a good snooze, I get my exercise and Vitamin D, and we're both the better for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment