Friday, February 08, 2013

Winter in Maine

The Jewetts on the ice on an ICE COLD morning!

Spence loves the tractor

Our broken chair serves a different purpose- on the ice


Spence hiding in the culvert.
It's snowing outside today.  Like big-time storm.  We have had some super cold weather, but not a lot of snow, so we were able to do some ice skating and walking as well as exploring through the woods.  Spencer and I went for a walk the other day- around "The Loop" (from one driveway, up to the road, over to the other driveway).  An adventure that should have taken about 20 minutes turned into an hour of fun because Spencer decided he wanted to walk the entire way.  (I'll tell you what:  he had a GOOD nap that afternoon!)  I ran back into our house to switch hats when we first stepped outside the house, and when I came back, literally 20 seconds later, Spencer had found an awesome hiding spot (and I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find him)- the culvert in the driveway!!  He was so quiet and the spot is basically surrounded by woods and lake, so I started to get nervous.  When I finally found him, I was afraid he was going to crawl all the way back in where I would just have to wait until he decided to come out.  That wasn't the case, and we were on our way.

No comments: