Friday, June 20, 2008

Back in the Bath!

Benjamin actually sat willingly in the tub tonight! Woo-hoo! It has been a few weeks since he has enjoyed his bath, and we'd taken to a quick wash down with a fussing Little Man standing in a few inches of water... It may have had something to do with some issues in the Diaper Region following his crazy amounts of antibiotics. Or, it could have something to do with him being forced into the tub on several occasions following a few throwing-up sessions (Ben, not me) when he was sick with pneumonia. Whatever the reason, tonight he was back to enjoying playing in the tub (mostly trying to soak his Mumma with his splashes) and actually sitting! It's so much easier to get him clean when he's not trying to crawl out of the tub.
All-in-all, Ben seems to be recovered from his various ailments. He's got his appetite back and is playing as hard as ever. His Diaper Region is clearing up nicely as well, though it never seemed to bother him.
Jay is gone (again) this weekend-- this time to Vermont for a Yestermorrow course (http://www.yestermorrow.org/). This is the same company he worked with when he went to the Dominican Republic in January. I know I should be able to remember exactly what the class is he's taking, but my brain is so full of other stuff that I can't say for sure. I think he's going to be learning how to do trim work, which will be a wonderful skill for him to have, considering the copious amount of trim work that we need done around the house and (now) the Garage-majal.
I worked my first official day at Inland Hospital and survived. I had a lot of support from other staff, so that was great. I did an evaluation on a patient who'd had a total knee replacement yesterday. So different from my OT work with the kiddos! I was anxious going into the day, but it worked out well.
... why I'm not sleeping right now, I'm not really sure. I think I'll head that way now...
~Katie