Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A year ago...


These are always fun! This is Benjam in June of last year. I'd forgotten about this look he used to give-- so funny! It's really neat to see his face is the same, but he's gotten so big. He was a little chunk back then too, but he's growing into a real little boy. It's hard to believe he'll be two in just a couple of months.
Jay completed the Trek again this year-- Thanks so much to all of you who pledged him. He earned more than his goal of $500, and the Trek was the most successful it's been. It's a great cause-- thanks to all! Friday and Saturday of the Trek were gorgeous days, and Ben and I met up with Jay in Waterville on Saturday for a visit. Sunday, unfortunately, was rainy and cold and not much fun for riding. But they did it, and Jay has officially completed 3 Treks across Maine.
We're still busy with a crazy work schedule, but this is my last week until the end of July where I actually have to work Monday-Friday (woe is me!). I've completed my orientation period at Inland Hospital and will actually fill in at the end of July. Finishing up the orientation means getting my Mondays and Fridays back, which will be nice. I'm still working Tues, Wed, and Thursday with the kiddos in Monmouth, which is a really great job-- how many people actually get to play all day and get paid for it??? It's tough, don't get me wrong, and tiring, but a really great job. Jay is in the ED in Augusta still, and will start in the ED in Lewiston coming up in a few weeks... Huh... it's never boring around here!
Hope everyone is gearing up for a great summer...
~Katie